We look forward to seeing you at PREP2021 to be held at the Hyatt Regency Inner Harbor Hotel in Baltimore, MD, USA, on June 6-10, 2021. Find out more about what's going on and why you should be attending... PREP is the longest running, now in its 33rd edition, and the most recognized international scientific conference and exposition in the world driving the field of Preparative and Process Chromatography.
Welcome to the world's longest running, most recognized scientific conference driving the field of Preparative & Process Chromatography. Look for a Strong Scientific Program Packed with Papers on biochromatography, downstream processing, QbD, monoclonal antibodies, plasmids, enzymes, vaccines, viral vectors for gene delivery, VLPs, and other biopharmaceuticals, clearance of high-risk impurities such as host cell proteins, chiral molecules, SFC, fine chemicals, peptides, proteins, oligonucleotides, APIs, natural products, batch, multi-column and continuous SMB processes, column technology and equipment, monoliths, new and improved stationary phases, membrane chromatography, product quality, stability, safety and/or immunogenicity, and related process control strategies, regulatory aspects, and more!
Calling all separation scientists and engineers, analytical and process chemists, scientists and leaders interested in Preparative and Process Chromatography. This is an all-inclusive Symposium for separation scientists and engineers, analytical and process chemists, R&D scientists and engineers in industry and academia, chemical and bio-process development scientists, downstream process development engineers, data scientists, technical sales personnel and applications support scientists, group leaders, managers, directors, heads of departments, vice presidents, presidents, entrepreneurs, regulatory policy makers and experts as well as students considering either industrial or academic careers.
Preliminary List of Keynote Sessions
- INDUSTRIAL CASE STUDIES IN PROTEIN CHROMATOGRAPHY (Co-Chairs: T. Pabst and A. Hunter, AstraZeneca)
- REGULATORY AND DATA SCIENCE PERSPECTIVES IN PREP CHROMATOGRAPHY (Chair: L. Beaver, LAB Enterprises)
- CONTINUOUS CHROMATOGRAPHY FOR APIs, FINE CHEMICALS, AND NATURAL PRODUCTS (Co-Chairs: K. Mihlbachler, YMC Process Technologies and A. Seidel-Morgenstern, Max Planck Institute, Magdeburg)
- CONTINUOUS AND INTEGRATED PROCESSES FOR BIOMOLECULES (Chair: S. Kandula, Merck &. Co., Inc.)
- PREPARATIVE CHROMATOGRAPHY IN DRUG DISCOVERY, DEVELOPMENT, & MANUFACTURE (Chair: O. Dapremont, AMPAC Fine Chemicals)
1/2 Day Workshops open to conference and non-conference participants
- Fundamentals of Preparative Chromatography for Biomolecules by Batch and Continuous Chromatography
- Fundamentals of Preparative Chromatography for Small & Intermediate Size APIs by Batch Chromatography, SMB, and SFC
Tutorials open to conference and non-conference participants
- Tips, Tricks, & Troubleshooting Analytical & Overloaded Preparative Chromatography
- Practical Concepts on Process Characterization and Validation of Biopharmaceuticals based on QbD Principles
- 3D Printing in Separation Science
Preliminary List of Free Vendor Workshops
- Agilent Technologies, "Efficiencies in PREP Workflows"
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, "Purification of Viral Vectors and Vaccines"
- GE Healthcare Life Sciences, "TBA"
- Purolite Life Sciences, "TBA"
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, "Custom Purification Solutions to Enable High Purity and Yield for Molecules that Aren't Easily Purified using Off Shelf Solutions"
Topics include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Preparative and process chromatography
- Regulatory aspects and process validation
- HPLC, medium, and low pressure liquid chromatography
- High throughput screening (HTS) and HTPD
- Small-scale preparative chromatography
- Proteins, mAbs, ADCs, and other biopharmaceuticals
- Stationary phases (SEC, RPC, HIC, IEX, MMC, Protein A, Affinity, Hydroxyapatite)
- Fusion protein and conjugates
- Membrane chromatography and Monoliths
- Column packing, packing stability, and large-scale columns
- Single use equipment and flexible processes
- Laboratory equipment and process scale systems
- Cell separations for cell therapy and other applications
- Process modeling tools and software
- Fine chemicals and active pharmaceutical ingredients
- Simulated Moving Bed and multicolumn processes
- Chiral molecules
- Continuous and integrated processing
- Peptides and oligonucleotides
- Expanded bed adsorption
- Chromatography to support medicinal chemistry
- Supercritical Fluid Chromatography (SFC)
- Amino acids
- Fundamentals, Modeling and Optimization
- Rare earths
- Economics of chromatographic processes
- Natural products
- Quality by Design (QbD) and Design of Experiments (DoE)
- Environmental sustainability - process intensification, solvent and energy reduction
- Big data approaches in chromatography
Exposition Showcasing Leaders in the Industry - a resource for industry solutions
- Are you looking for a comprehensive conference supporting the separation science practitioner in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, fine chemicals, food and beverage, and environmental industries?
- Are you looking for a highly integrated scientific, training, and exhibit program organized by the very best academic and industrial scientists and engineers that focuses on the latest trends and best practices in preparative and process chromatography?
- Are you looking for the most visible arena to introduce and promote your latest scientific discoveries, technologies, and services?
- Are you looking for the best networking and marketing opportunities in this field?
Then look no further – PREP will provide all of that and more!
Preliminary List of Sponsors
abbvie, AMPAC Fine Chemicals, AstraZeneca, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Genentech, Pfizer, GE Healthcare, Purolite Life Sciences, Thermo Fisher Scientific, YMC America