Separation Science collaborates with industry thought leaders in a series of expert presentation and discussion forums - 'Advancing Pharmaceutical Technologies'. Presenting events that enable molecular spectroscopy approaches to key challenges in the pharmaceutical development space. Each forum will feature presentations and discussions between industry thought leaders, addressing current state-of-the-art molecular spectroscopy innovations and workflow productivity improvements across pharmaceutical development.
Part 4 of this series will focus on dissolution testing.
Dissolution: Today, Tomorrow & Beyond
This expert presentation and discussion forum focuses on aspects of dissolution from development through to a marketed product. Our expert panellist’s discuss the role of dissolution as a quality assurance tool for product development, approval and batch release, the use of dissolution testing of novel drug formulations and how it is being used to probe dosage form behaviour. Consideration is given to technologies available today, technology gaps and why automation is key in driving efficiency and productivity in today’s pharmaceutical laboratories. The laboratory of the future and the role of dissolution as the industry moves to advanced manufacture, smarter connected factories and continuous processing is also discussed.
The event includes a scene-setting presentation by Vivian Gray titled:
Dissolution Testing: Current Status, Challenges and Updates
This overview talk covers regulatory issues, PBPK/PBBM, vessels and PVT standards, harmonization, and strategies for improving efficiency, including automation and continuous manufacturing.
...and an insightful panel discussion between:
Senior Analytical Scientist,
SPS Pharma Services
By watching the presentation and discussion you will learn about:
- Regulatory compliance challenges and issues related to dissolution testing
- Dissolution testing to probe drug dosage form behaviour and to help pinpoint scale-up issues
- Hot topics for dissolution today – novel dosage forms (e.g., lipids, nano, XS, solid depo. etc.), the future for dissolution in terms of advanced manufacture and continuous processing
- How to make your pharmaceutical laboratory more efficient and what solutions are available today
- Automation, reproducibility, system robustness – key parameters affecting result quality
- The different types of technologies from in-line UV spectroscopy for continuous monitoring and on-line UV vs LC
- Benefits of continuous on and in-line measurements
- Can new automation and predictive software facilitate dissolution as part of the continuous manufacturing suite of tools?
To watch this on-demand event, simply click on the button below: