The previous FOM2018 Singapore conference has been successfully concluded, drawing over 500 participants and over 60 exhibitors/exhibitor booths both from Asia/Australia as from Europe and the America's.
Following the success of this last conference, 'Focus on Microscopy' (FOM 2019) conference will take place from Sunday 14 April to Wednesday 17 April in London, United Kingdom at the Queen Elizabeth II (QEII) conference centre, which is located adjacent to the Big Ben, the Parliament building and Westminster Abbey.
Dates: 14-17 April, 2019
Venue: London, United Kingdom
Focus on Microscopy 2019 is the continuation of a yearly conference series presenting the latest innovations in optical microscopy and their application in biology, medicine and the material sciences. Key subjects for the conference series are the theory and practice of 3D optical imaging, related 3D image processing, and reporting especially on developments in resolution and imaging modalities. The conference series covers also the rapidly advancing fluorescence labeling techniques for confocal and multi-photon 3D imaging of -live- biological specimens.
Typical topics of the upcoming FOM conference will include:
- Theory and practice of confocal and multiphoton-excitation microscopy
- Super-resolution, nanoscopy imaging: from PSF engineering (4pi, SIM, STED), fluorescent activation/quenching, stochastic/centroid (PALM, STORM, GSDIM, SOFI and related techniques) to TIRF
- 3D and 4D live cell and tissue imaging
- Adaptive optics for microscopy
- Light sheet microscopy
- Phase/interference based microscopies
- OCT, holographic, endoscopy
- Advanced fluorescence imaging/spectroscopy: FRET, FRAP, FLIM, FCS, SOFI
- New fluorescence probes, proteins, quantum dots, single molecule imaging
- Clearing and expansion techniques
- Coherent non-linear microscopies: SHG, THG, SFG, CARS
- Multi-dimensional fluorescence and Raman spectroscopy imaging
- Correlated microscopies, light/electron, et al.
- Laser manipulation and tracking, photo-activation
- Fast acquisition, automated and high-content microscopy
- 3D image processing and visualization for multidimensional data
A technical exhibition will be an integral part of the upcoming FOM conference.
Welcoming you to London for the FOM2019 conference and exhibition are the FOM2019 organisers:
- Peter Török, Imperial College London, United Kingdom
- Carl Paterson, Imperial College London, United Kingdom
- Fred Brakenhoff, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The FOM2019 conference incorporates the:
- 32nd International Conference on 3D Image Processing in Microscopy
- 31st International Conference on Confocal Microscopy
For more information, visit the website.