Dates: 25-28 March, 2018
Following the success of the last conference in Bordeaux, 'Focus on Microscopy' (FOM 2018) will take place in Singapore at the Singapore Expo (SingEx venues), Convention and Exhibition centre from Sunday, 25 March to Wednesday, 28 March.
Focus on Microscopy 2018 is the continuation of a yearly conference series presenting the latest innovations in optical microscopy and their application in biology, medicine and the material sciences. Key subjects for the conference series are the theory and practice of 3D optical imaging, related 3D image processing, and reporting especially on developments in resolution and imaging modalities. The conference series also covers the rapidly advancing fluorescence labelling techniques for confocal and multi-photon 3D imaging of -live- biological specimens.
Typical topics of the upcoming FOM conference will include:
- Theory and practice of confocal and multiphoton-excitation microscopy
- Super-resolution, nanoscopy imaging: from PSF engineering (4pi, SIM, STED), fluorescent activation/quenching, stochastic/centroid (PALM, STORM, GSDIM, SOFI and related techniques) to TIRF
- 3D and 4D live cell and tissue imaging
- Adaptive optics for microscopy
- Light sheet microscopy
- Phase/interference based microscopies
- OCT, holographic, endoscopy
- Advanced fluorescence imaging/spectroscopy: FRET, FRAP, FLIM, FCS, SOFI
- New fluorescence probes, proteins, quantum dots, single molecule imaging
- Clearing and expansion techniques
- Coherent non-linear microscopies: SHG, THG, SFG, CARS
- Multi-dimensional fluorescence and Raman spectroscopy imaging
- Correlated microscopies, light/electron, et al.
- Laser manipulation and tracking, photo-activation
- Fast acquisition, automated and high-content microscopy
- 3D image processing and visualization for multidimensional data
A technical exhibition will be an integral part of the upcoming FOM conference.
For more information, visit the website.