The Australian Microscopy and Microanalysis Society invite you to the 19th International Microscopy Congress (IMC19) to be held from 9-14 September 2018 at the stunning new International Convention Centre (ICC Sydney) right in the heart of Sydney.
Dates: 9-14 September, 2018
Venue: International Convention Centre, Sydney, Australia
The congress theme is 'Microscopy: Bridging the Sciences' and the event will feature an outstanding scientific programme led by world-renowned plenary speakers, that will not only be a platform to showcase exciting new developments in microscopy, but will also demonstrate the transformational role of microscopy in underpinning a range of physical and life sciences.
Scientific programme at a glance
The programme will feature four main streams:
- Physical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Instrumentation and Techniques
- Frontier Issues
Within these streams, topics covered will include:-
- Nanoscale, Nanostructured and Porous Materials
- Carbon-Based Materials and 2D Structures
- Thin Films, Coatings and Surfaces
- Metals and Alloys
- Semiconductors and Materials for Communication
Instrumentation and Techniques
- Computational Methods for Data Acquisition, Analysis and Visualization
- Methods and Workflows for Correlative Microscopy
- In-situ, Environmental and Time-Resolved Microscopies
- STEM and TEM Imaging
- Data Management (Storage, Processing and Sharing)
- Facility Management
- Structure and Function of Cells & Organelles
- Multiplex Live Imaging of Cells, Tissues & Organisms
- 3-D Structures of Macromolecules & Supramolecular Assemblies
- Atomic Force Microscopy in Molecular and Cell Biology
- Cellular Transport & Dynamics
A large exhibition dedicated to microscopy, imaging techniques and analysis will also be a key feature of the congress. There will also be a varied social programme enabling visitors to sample the fabulous food, wine and hospitality that Australia is famous for.
For further information and programme updates visit the website.