The Pfizer's Quality Control Analytical group is seeking a highly motivated candidate to support GMP analytical testing activities for raw materials at the Andover, Massachusetts, USA site. The work includes various instrumental techniques including HPLC, GC, IR, UV, as well as wet chemical methods. The candidate will also be expected to support additional QC Analytical testing activities as needed.
This position requires working collaboratively with the QC raw materials team and active participating in scheduling, visual management, metrics, and continuous improvement activities. The successful candidate will be team oriented, have a passion for excellence, act with integrity, demonstrate equity and inclusivity, seek continuous improvement opportunities, and actively participate in site recognition programs.
- Perform analytical testing of raw material samples.
- Record and maintain all related data and records in compliance with cGMP and quality procedures.
- Identify basic technical issues, atypical or out-of-specifications test results, instrument malfunctions and methodology problems, and participate in investigations for resolution and correction.
- Participate in continuous improvement culture within laboratories.Utilize continuous improvement tools.
- Participate and use 5S, standard work, and visual management tools and processes.
- Perform work consistent with Pfizer Values of Courage, Excellence, Equity, and Joy
- B.S./B.A. in Biology, Chemistry or related scientific discipline with a minimum of 1 - 2 years of related laboratory experience.M.S. with a minimum of 0 years of related laboratory experience.
- Experience working in QC testing laboratory in GMP environment in pharmaceutical industry
- Proficiency with computer systems (Microsoft Office applications, LIMS, etc.).
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Candidate must be self-motivated and be able to adapt to rapidly changing project priorities.
- Preferred laboratory experience includes testing of compendial and non-compendial raw materials using GC, HPLC, FTIR, NIR, pH, titrations, UV, and wet chemical techniques
- Experience following USP/EP/JP compendia preferred
- Experience with six sigma, lean, and continuous improvement tools desired
- Experience with electronic laboratory information management systems such as LIMS preferred