The US Department of the Army - U.S. Army Medical Command - is looking for a Physical Scientist (Forensic Chemistry) to serve in the Forensic Toxicology Drug Testing Laboratory (FTDTL), Fort Meade, MD, USA.
- Serve as a Physical Scientist in the Confirmation Section of the Forensic Toxicology Drug Testing Laboratory (FTDTL), Fort Meade, MD.
- Testify in court (world-wide), as to the operating procedures.
- Ensure Chromatographic and mass spectral data are within the quantitative/ qualitative parameters required of the assay.
- Apply professional knowledge of general physical science and chemistry to evaluate GC/MS instrumentation parameters.
- Perform solid phase extractions, derivatization of drugs and drug metabolites from urine specimens, and subsequent GC/MS analysis.
- Maintain chain of custody at all times.
- Troubleshoot current extraction methods and GC/MS analyzers to correct technical performance problems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.