DANONE is looking for a full-time Food Safety Analytical Governance Manager on Microbiology in PALAISEAU, France.
Do you believe Quality and Food Safety are the priority in the Food Industry?
Do you want to have an expert role in the Analytical testing strategy within an international company?
If so, join Danone as Food Safety Analytical Governance Manager on Microbiology!
This position is based in Palaiseau (91) near Paris, France (with 1 day/week of home office) and will require under 20% of traveling.
Under the responsibility of the Danone Global Food Safety Officer (DGFSO), the Department Food Safety@Danone (FS@D) has the mission to ensure that Danone creates, manufactures and delivers its products everyday with no compromise on food safety by strictly following the Danone compliance policy and anticipating emerging risks. The scope covered by the FS@D includes all businesses, partners, co-manufacturers and third parties.
The role of the FS@D Department is to:
- ANTICIPATE FS evolving & emerging issues
- DELIVER FS standards covering all product categories & value chain
- LEAD Scientific risks assessments allowing business decisions
- SUPPORT all the functions to manage risks, incidents & crisis
- DRIVE FS excellence through a Robust FS Management System
- DEVELOP credibility & INFLUENCE scientific & regulatory decision makers
- BUILD FS knowledge & competencies
- PARTNER with the best to support all the missions
- DEPLOY a FS CULTURE across the organization
Reporting to the Food Safety Analytical Governance Director, the Analytical Governance Manager will have the following missions:
- Act as an internal expert for Danone on microorganisms and analytical methods applicable to food production and innovation.
- Developing a contact role for specific products and/or organisms with a specific focus on challenging and non-standard products such as plant-based products, low moisture foods, infant formulae and Foods for Special Medical Purposes (FSMP).
- Supporting troubleshooting and root cause analysis of incidents by providing fast and high level inputs related to analytical testing.
- To ensure all approved analytical methods used by Danone are validated to prove fitness-for-purpose, and standard operating procedures are available for their defined scope.
- To define GLPs to be applied by internal (and external) laboratories delivering results for Danone approved methods
- Develop strong relationships with external partners e.g. laboratories, suppliers and other companies, to manage delivery and new developments in the analytical governance domain
- To develop new methods for emerging risks and where standard and/or rapid methods do not exist
- To ensure the governance of third-party laboratory approval
- Monitor the external regulatory and scientific environment, to advise and react internally
- Anticipating advancements and developments in the analytical microbiological domain
- Represent Danone in official bodies about Analytical Method, in-line with a defined strategy
- Support the capability development of Danone, and in-house and 3rd party laboratory teams
- Recommending and implementing tools and training for Plant labs (technical trainings provided by suppliers, GLP training, ISO17025 training) to ensure analytical performance
- Support the development, training and implementation of new guidelines, standards and procedures
- This role requires excellent skills in written and spoken English, excellent communication skills to interact effectively with stakeholders, cross function and cross division and the ability to adapt to different ways of working. Proven ability of working within a global organization is required, paired with a high level of networking ability to function cross division and share best practices. This role requires a high level of influential skills.
- As a leader in Analytical Microbiology for the company, autonomy in the day to day functioning with agility to prioritize based on business needs, as well as an expert level in project management to lead cross-functional and cross-divisional projects to timely and quality completion are required.
- Engagement and indicated commitment to the Analytical Governance mission is required as well as a proven ability in strategic vision, to setup new programs, integrated in a 3-5 years roadmap and the capability to drive step changes.
- Master or above, in Food Microbiology, Microbiological analysis, bacterial physiology, food safety or related field.
- Strong competencies in the areas of microbiology testing methods, practical laboratory experience and laboratory management and ISO17025, including 8+ years of experience in a food analysis area. Familiarity with microbial NGS methods and data outputs.
- 10+ years of experience in food industry or relevant global environment, with experience working with production facilities and laboratories; ideally knowledge of microbial ecology related to food production
- Strong understanding of method validation and verification
- Internal auditing experience
And highly recommended:
- Knowledge of microbiological statistics
- Knowledge on Laboratory Informatics Management Systems (LIMS) and the requirements related to ISO17025
- An opportunity to develop the best analytical methodologies, which will be used worldwide
- An opportunity to engage in transversal projects and foster collaboration
- An opportunity to collaborate with Scientists and enlarge your external network
- Diversified career opportunities within an international company