Food testing is an important analytical discipline to characterize the properties of foods and their constituents. Analysts can use different instrument configurations and methods.
The LECO eBook summarizes a large part of LECO’s application work in the field of food testing. In addition to the Application Compendium, the eBook includes an introduction to GCxGC- and TOFMS-technology, followed by an overview of the different hardware and software solutions that were used for the food testing applications. A bibliography with additional references can be found in the appendix.
Highlighted Application Notes in this eBook are:
- Correlation of chemical and sensory data to track aging of an American IPA beer at different storage temperature
- Discovering the scent of celery HS-SPME, GC-TOFMS, and retention indices for the characterization of volatiles
- Analysis of fats in food products with GC-TOFMS
- Fast pesticide residue analysis in food with a benchtop GC-TOFMS: Pegasus BT
- Quantitation and non-targeted detection of pesticides in spinach extract with Pegasus BT 4D
- GC, GCxGC, and TOFMS for characterization and roast level differentiation of coffee
- Differentiation of honey aroma profiles with FLUX GCxGC-TOFMS
- Utilizing the Pegasus GC-HRT 4D for improved yeast metabolite characterization
- Differential analysis of olive oils with Pegasus GC-HRT reference feature
- Unambiguous pesticide identification in cigarette tobacco
- Analysis of poly-chlorinated biphenyls (PCBS) in fish oil supplements by gas chromatography with high performance-time-of-flight mass spectrometry
For more information from LECO visit https://eu.leco.com/