Separation Science, in collaboration with Thermo Fisher Scientific, offers this guide for environmental sample analysis by ICP-MS providing recommendations for getting started and best practices to streamline workflow.
This 121-page eBook provides an overview of key US EPA laws and regulations for water, key US EPA environmental laws and regulations for solid wastes, US EPA approved methods for environmental analysis and addresses some of the challenges with environmental analysis.
- Preparing for ICP-MS Analysis
- Calibration and Standardization Routines
- Preparation of Standard Solutions
- Sample Preparation
- ICP-MS Instrumentation
The goal of this eBook is to serve as a practical resource guide for:
- Helping environmental, contract testing, and industrial laboratories get started with sample analysis by ICP-MS.
- Providing context around the importance of environmental analysis with overviews of relevant environmental laws, regulations, and analytical methods.
- Providing recommended best practices, tips, and considerations to streamline sample and standard preparation processes and help prevent analytical issues and inaccurate results.
- Connecting the analyst to online resources for laboratory apparatus, stock standard solutions, instrumentation, and environmental analysis information.
- Bringing awareness to the importance of knowing contamination sources and applying skill, consistency, and attention to detail when performing all steps within the elemental analysis workflow.
If you have a colleague who may be interested in the subject of this ICP-MS Best Practice eBook please click below.